Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Band of Brothers

Just finished watching Band of Brothers on DVD and needless to say, many of you out there will agree that it’s a fantastic production. Definitely not because of the stereotype that guys like war films, but it did left me damn emo man. I have no idea why I felt that way, considering that I have not gone to the army, not to mention going to war. However, the film touched me in the same way I believe, to others, as it did to me. For themselves, the fight to get out of hell’s gate and for the world, fighting for freedom. ‘They depended on each other and the world depended on them.’. Much emphasis was put on how they developed their bond, their spirit, sacrifices and how they grew as individuals. I think what really captivated me was their courage, their valor, their hunger for freedom, even their vulnerabilities. Like most of them, the fear of war, seeing how their friends die, how their lovers left them through the passage of time, and the sheer length of the war itself, thinking about it, I’d doubt few could live through that. I know I won’t. Not even a 6km run.

It’s more than a great production actually, cause it leaves an impact on people and it reflects heroic deeds of the pass and gives recognition of those whom might be forgotten and even unknown to people like us. For as far I know, they were made heroes thanks to media, and I (hope) will be a hero someday. No matter how big or small. Even for once, the feeling surely damn shiok one man.

Bought an ‘act’ vintage Lucky Strike lighter from ig’s heaven today. Mmm! Well, slightly influenced by Band of Brothers also. Haha! Damn it, they were smoking Lucky Strikes all the time man, and the look of satisfaction on their faces.. Argh! Oh well, Lucky Strikes means fine tobacco. Thanks to jolly ol’ St. Luz. Marry Fucking Christmas.

For pot, peace and love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home