Monday, February 06, 2006

Chapter 4

I still remembered when I asked my friends the same question this time last year, “so you’re about to enter the next phase of your life, how does it feel at all? Scared of the uncertainty?” Surprisingly, I received all the same reply that they don’t feel anything different, and it seems like they have all been taking things in stride one year into their working life.

I’m not sure whether that will be the same case for me. I’ve been waiting for this moment for years now. Those who know me well enough, the excitement is not derived from the relieve of the audacious education system, but rather I’m set free, out to do what I’m capable of, and what I’ve always been dreaming to do. And now it’s about time to put thoughts into action, implement plans, and start my first stage in the new reality strategy game. The tutorial lessons have ended; things wouldn’t be easy from now on. The excitement of planning my attacks, expanding my base, striving to survive in dire situations, learning new strategies from opponents and eventually getting better and better at the it will make the game very very addictive. Visualizing victory just makes everything so sweet.

But games are games, I still prefer a quiet night sipping on a hot cup of tea and reading a good book, having dinner together with my family, meet up with friends to chill, things that remind me who I really am, who I really need and what I really want.

The 3 years in poly have left me with some unforgettable memories – Bangkok trip, the sleepless nights doing projects, the evenings I’ve spent watching the sunset at the concourse, the carefree life, mid sem study sessions, and even more so, the people I’ve met. For the guys, hope we can become bunk mates for the next 2 years, and for girls, hope you can achieve what you’ve have set out to do, and best of luck in your future endeavors. Here’s a shout out to Joey, Derek, Sunny, Darryl, Sandy, Crystal, Sunny, Veron, Crystal, Zixiang, Yuping, Xiwen, Yenru, Shujuan, Sunny, Kyle, Janet, Jani, Ahmad, Farid, Daniel Jacobs, Limaran, Rena, Nur, Huat..the other 100 marketing students I’m too lazy to list out, whom many of them made everything so memorable. Special priority given to those who went to Bangkok! Really a bonding session. Some of you might forget me years down the road, but I’ll make sure you don’t. Special thanks goes to Yuping, Xiwen, Yenru and Serene who come together which I deemed my best group ever! Thanks for helping me through this tough sem though I wasn’t really with you, fate and Derek brought us together, and it’s not about to end. You people made it easier. Finally, unsaid appreciations goes to my hommies.

Another chapter of our lives have just started. Live it to the best. Exhilaration is the key.

For pot, peace and love

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home